My View of Expectations



0 comments

     Sometimes expectations give us a weird perception of things. I mean it’s great when things go according to what you expect but what if it doesn't? Does the world fall apart?  Sometimes we think that our expectations somehow become the law, the standard, the defining factor. Then the feeling of disappointment and discouragement set in. And I think it's the same for us who expect and what others expect of us.

     But maybe it’s a good thing. When things don’t go according to plan and things become drab all of a sudden. Maybe it’s a sign that there are more good things to come, just not now but very soon (there goes my expecting again). Expectations not being met means the definitions are shattered and an opportunity for surprise and spontaneity set in (hope it's a good thing). But when I do get disappointed (since I'm pretty sure I can't help myself not having expectations) I’ll just remember this: tomorrow is another day; will put one foot in front of the other and continue to live. Carpe Diem! :)

Let me know what you think of expectations. I want to hear a different take on this. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post